AGM Nov 3rd via Zoom
The 2021 Ardrossan Soccer AGM will be on Nov. 3 2021 07:45pm to 08:45pm via Zoom or in person at ARC In order for us to run an AGM we need to make quorum, we encourage our Membership to attend. You have a chance to be able to ask questions.
The zoom details will be sent to the membership via email.
If you are interested in filling one of the positions listed below, please submit your resume to email@example.com
All Positions that are up for renewal at the AGM for a two year term are:
Vice- President- Vacant
Equipment coordinator - Vacant
U3-U7 Timbit Coordinator- Vacant
Registrar- Jodi is letting her name stand in this position.
Treasurer - Darci is letting her name stand in this position.
Secretary- Christine is letting her name stand in this position.
U9-U19 Community coordinator- Chantel is letting her name stand in this position.
Member at large/ Fundraiser- Denise is letting her name stand in this position.
Member at large- Brad is letting his name stand in this position.
Victoria Facility Rules and Guidelines:
With the first league weekend of play behind us there are several key facility rules that we must
ensure all teams, players, coaches and parents are abiding by when attending EIYSA League
games at Victoria indoor 7v7 and 9v9 fields.
The Victoria staff requested we send out a few facility rules that need to be emphasized that
were an issue over this past weekend.
1. Players/Coaches/Parents are NOT to access any grass areas at the Victoria complex. While waiting to enter the facility please stay on the sidewalks or concrete areas. We hope that sending this reminder out to everyone will put a stop to people accessing the fields or grassy areas. If we continue to received feedback that this rule is not being abided by than the EIYSA Board of Directors may need to implement a fine or potential default of games for teams who are not following this rule.
2. No Climbing or jumping on goals, netting or bleachers. We received reports that players/children of spectators were seen hanging off bleachers outside this past weekend.
3. Please do not move rocks from exterior/flower beds onto grass.
4. Players are not to put their indoor shoes on outside. Please wait until you get into the changeroom to put on your indoor shoes.
5. Players/Coaches must take ALL their belongings from the changeroom to the field of play.
6. No outside food or beverage in the lounge or clubhouse.
7. Masks MUST be worn at ALL times in the lounge and clubhouse unless eating or drinking.
8. INDOORS: Masks are mandatory when not on the indoor field of play Players may remove masks during active training/play but are required to wear masks until they enter the field of play (which includes the bench area) as well as when entering/exiting the field/facility.
9. Coaches may remove masks while actively coaching if maintaining the 2 metres physical distancing from players but must wear a mask if entering physical distancing space for brief interactions.
10. Mask must be worn at all times except on the field of play.
11. To view the live feed for 9v9 games, spectators must go to "Clubhouse" door for pre-screening.
12. To view the live feed for 7v7 games, spectators must go to the Soccer Centre admissions desk for pre-screening for soccer lounge.
13. For people 18 and older please ensure you have BOTH your proof of vaccination AND proof of identification ready at door for screening.
Important Upcoming Dates:
14. On October 25th, those required to show proof of vaccine must show full proof of vaccination (2 doses at least 14 days prior is required) OR show proof of exemption and proof of negative COVID-19 private test completed within the previous 72 hours.
15. As of November 15th only QR code proof of vaccination can be accepted.
We also experienced issues surrounding teams not leaving the fields in a timely manner. Once the game has concluded both teams must immediately gather their belongings and leave the field so that the next set of teams can get on the field and the start their game as scheduled. Please understand and consider that one team not leaving the field in a timely fashion will cause ALL remaining games to be held up and potentially shortened which is completely not fair to the other teams. We have informed the referees that we must stay on schedule as there are other user groups that access the field after EIYSA games. Referees have been directed to lessen the half time break should games be behind schedule.
Overall, we must all work together to ensure all games are on schedule and that means following the protocols in place. We must always respect the facility rules- as EIYSA members we expect everyone to be courteous and respectful. At the end of the day the Victoria staff is simply following AHS guidelines or ASA best practices to ensure public safety. As per the ASA "Return to Government Restrictions" document (non-compliance) EIYSA and ASA consider breaches of the AHS Health & Safety protocols to be extremely serious.
Facility Rules specific to EIYSA League Games:
ASA "Return to Government Restrictions" Document:
AHS Website Link:
CURRENT FACILITY GUIDELINES (As of October 14th at noon)
Foote Field - 12 years and older must show proof of vaccination OR medical exemption OR negative COVID test within the previous 72 hours for access; 18 years and older must also show proof of identification; Spectators are allowed but they are asking you limit the number of spectators within your family unit. To view the full details of the guidelines in place at Foote Field please visit https://www.ualberta.ca/campus-community-recreation/about-us/news/updates/covid-19/update-oct12.html
Commonwealth Fieldhouse - 12 years and older must show proof of vaccination OR medical exemption OR negative COVID test within the previous 72 hours for access; 18 years and older must also show proof of identification; Spectators are allowed but they are asking you limit the number of spectators within your family unit.
Victoria Soccer Club - Anyone 18 years and older must show proof of vaccine OR medical exemption OR negative COVID test within 72 hours plus proof of ID. Spectators are not allowed on the field to date; Proof of vaccine, proof of exemption OR negative COVID test for all individuals 12 and older to access their lounge/banquet hall to view games on a live feed (18 and older must also show proof of ID).
The EIYSA 2021-2022 Indoor schedules have been posted! The Season starts the weekend of October 16/17th for some teams so please ensure all steps above are completed before your first game.
Have a great season!
Protocols for our teams playing in school gyms:
Elk Island Public Schools has made the decision to continue operating facility rentals for community and public use, while adhering to the new guidelines.
The following protocols must be followed:
Screen for symptoms
Maintain 2 meters distance, except youth while engaging in physical activity
Wear a mask, except youth while engaging in physical activity
In addition, the following measures will remain in place:
Please know, our priority is the health and safety of all students, staff and members of our community. Thank you for your support and understanding as we move through these challenging times.
For all our Coaches and Assistant Coaches you must take the course which you will be coaching or assistant coaching for as per Alberta Soccer. This must be done before the season start. Please click the link Course Registration - Alberta Soccer . If you have any question please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Duties for our U3 Coaches/Assistant Coaches: https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/ardrossansoccer/files/U3%20Coed.jpg.docx
Duties for our U5 Coaches/Assistant Coaches: https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/ardrossansoccer/files/U5%20Mixed.docx
Duties for our U7 Coaches/Assistant Coaches: https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/ardrossansoccer/files/U7%20Coed..docx
Follow us on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter